Saturday, February 20, 2010

the most unsustainable place in boston


the hospital. I just got home. no more styrofoam cups. no more pills in little plastic shot glasses. oy. they are not so good at the hospital, but at least they take good care of you. i will write more on this later when I feel better but a quick update to all. I'm out of the hospital. I had a cyst 14cm in diameter on my ovary. it was much bigger than they thought so they ended up having to cut into my muffin top, instead of 3 small incisions. I'm not sure if I will be up to seeing everyone for class next weekend, if I do I will probably be wearing sweat pants, not because I am giving up on life, but because I only own low rise jeans and it would not be very ecological of me to go buy new pants. I'll write more on how much the hospital wastes later when I feel better, but seeing they were taking care of me I did not mind as much as if it were some other place. Off to nap,
Liz

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon, Liz! What a trooper you are take pictures of your wasteful paper products while recovering from surgery. Hope to see you this weekend if you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete