Saturday, March 6, 2010

Some Down Home Networking

My core network right now is family: my grandmother provided some good resources after talking with her about servant-leadership, and my mother's busy schedule is a resource in itself. After working as a pharmacist by day, she then shares her time with a free health clinic at our church, as well as the clothing bank and programs to help Lexington's homeless.
The action project in Brian's course has put me in touch with some people who will also prove to be valuable in becoming an effective leader. Connecting with people is becoming the best way for me to learn so far. I try to reflect the good attributes of people I admire and respect. It doesn't always work, but it is a good practice for me.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, it's wonderful that you have such strong role-models in your very own family. We can certainly learn a lot from the wisdom and experiences of our elders. And building strong networks of support is vitally important to engaging in any kind of work that tries to challenge the status quo, so it is good that you are building these relationships.

    ReplyDelete